Monday, July 15, 2013

Jinxed Again

It seems that every time I set out to help someone, my car quits. The first time was returning Yvonne Wallis from Harborview Hospital, when it quit suddenly in the Super One Parking lot. A good Samaritan bailed me out that time, but one cannot always count on that happening.

This time, I was  donating my time to the Diamond Cup Hydroplane Race, a nonprofit endeavor to bring hydro racing back to Coeur d'Alene. For those that are not aware, this is not a for profit venture, but a bunch of enthusiasts putting up their personal fortunes to bring back racing. The cost of putting this sort of race on is around 500,000.00 per race.

On my way back from town this afternoon, I stopped at the Captain's Wheel for a bit, whereas I jumped back into my car and ... nothing. no start, no radio, no lights no nothing. Tomorrow am I will attempt to find out what is wrong and determine what it will take to fix it. Whatever it is, I don't have it. I was hoping this sort of thing would be out in the future somewhere, not now, not when I was doing important things. Oh  well, it is what it is.

***Update: Well it could have been worse. $80.00 later, a new battery and I'm on the road again. Broke, but mobile.

No comments: