Tuesday, February 12, 2019

James Wesley Jones, RIP

We as a community have lost some icons lately. Whether every place has the same problem I couldn't say. Bayview is a community where we all either know everyone, or at least know of them. An unfortunate coincidence has two Jones' passing in the same year, both huge contributors to their neighbors.

Captain Wes Jones was an innovator. Where waterborne mail carriers used to just deliver mail, bring groceries to snow bound east side residents, Captain Wes went a lot further. He renamed his boat the Liquid Limo and started combining mail delivery with hauling tourists on his route, stopping to admire mountain goats as he went.

My big beef is with the medical community and/or the overbearing government that is hammering pain medication abuse, dragging legitimate patients along with abusers. One size fits all is bullshit and caused a good man to end his life because he could no longer stand the unrelenting pain.

Services will be held at the Bayview Community Center, Saturday 2/16 at 100 pm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you on all points. Wes was a good man.

Anonymous said...

Wes was my brother and he loved your community. We miss him terribly

Patricia A Jones said...

Wesley is my son and always will be . Gone from me but never forgotten. I miss you so my dear son . I always told you how proud of you I Was. And I still laugh at you going around saying do I look like Elvis.while you was so very much, like him . You both had so much love to give the world but not enough time to do it all. I wish I had room to put down all the funny. things you did as you grow up.Your spirit is with me. Loved so much. Mom

Patricia A Jones said...

I miss you,but somehow I feel you love and laughter in me to go on ,We was so much a like. I laugh at all the fun we had, you made the world a happier place
❤️ you for ever 2022