Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I Have Returned



The principals involved with the Diamond Cup Regatta have asked me to return to the fold. All is well between them and myself. I am not sure what my duties will entail, except you will probably hear my voice when calling the Diamond Cup phone number, which is 208-664-3338. This will not take place for a week or so, but it will happen. They also tell me I'm going to have more responsibility.

I suspect that I will be heavily involved with media relations, as I was last Summer. This is the slow season, but it is never the slow season when it comes to fund raising. Last year we had a total of two months to organize and fund the race. It got done, but with those time limitations  it was pretty ragged.

This year is different. We plan on boosting our boosters so to speak insofar as  making a company donation pay off in publicity for those donors. Now is not to early to donate to the cause. You can contact me at : bayviewherb@gmail.com with any questions relating to supporting the 2014 race.I'm going to be contacting local marinas, since water sports come in all sizes and speeds. So, if you have a need for speed, give me a call. This is a good time to claim a loss on your tax return for 2013. Ask us about how.

I look forward to working with the community and the fine people that I met last year. Let's jump start our fund raising by responding soon. In the period prior to us getting phone coverage at the office, please feel free to call me at home.208-683-9107

This is going to be a great year. With the experience behind us and the physical installations already built it will be much simpler. We ask those people that live in the vicinity of the race course to play fair with us as it costs a lot of money to put the races on and cheaters minimize the chances of continuing year after year. It doesn't cost an individual much to attend the race, but collectively, it is a huge part of our funding. It's early and I'm already excited.

No comments: