Friday, May 12, 2017

Pejoratives

It seems to me that pejoratives have become more vicious lately than in the past. Name calling is the new emphases rather than logical arguments.

Two very egregious ones are Racist and Fascist. Mostly anytime an Afro-American disagrees with a Caucasian, the alleged offender is labeled a racist.

If you are a conservative, even not extreme right, you are then a fascist.

I doubt that either term is accurate more than one percent of the time. I wonder who gets hurt the most? The object of the curse or the extremists that hurl the labels with abandon.

Fortunately, at my age I don't get excited enough to throw epitaphs around at people I don't agree with. Or maybe I just grew up.

I would like to see some decorum return to political debates and retire some of the screamers like Maxine Waters and others to whom objectivity is not in their vocabulary. 

No comments: