Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Fine Man Is Gone

Pat Dow, community activist, Water & Sewer Board member, Son's of the American Legion and an all around fine guy passed away a few days ago. He was an avid fisherman, most always heard during fishing derbies as the voice of the south end of Lake Pend Oreille. I last talked to him at the retirement party for Deedie Beard in Coeur d'Alene recently. I ask about his fight with prostate cancer, and he replied, "it has spread to the bones." I shook my head and said, That isn't good. He came back with, "No it isn't." He'll be missed. A quiet man, he was a giant of a person, though small in stature.A memorial service will be held at the Athol american Legion, Saturday, February 6 at 11:00 am.

It is starting to appear that regardless of how the lawsuit regarding the Captain's Wheel sorts out, it will not be able to open this spring. I am not at liberty to get into details, except that debt plays into it. Possible corporate bankruptcy is also an option at this point, though everything is still up in the air. I miss the watering hole I called home for the last 15 years and 12 owners.More on this as it unfolds.

No comments: