Monday, June 27, 2005

Greatest Americans

I was very disappointed last week, when I opened this subject. I tried to handle the subject somewhat objectively, knowing that I have a great admiration for Ron Reagan.

I didn't try to reach beyond the five finalists, nor did I seek to unnecessarily put down anyone...

But sure enough, some commentators, had to get sarcastic, and spit vitriol, over some of the finalists, even, I suspect, though they either weren't alive during their time, or certainly not old enough to be politically aware.

It was then that I realized how completely our parents pass on the prejudices of their own lives.

Certainly, there were other great Americans that were left out...

Franklin Roosevelt, certainly deserved a spot, and many others...I just wish that we could all just debate the issues, instead of stooping to insults, innuendos and echoes of our parents. If you can't think of any other way to comment, then shut up...Let the more thoughtful among us be heard...

No comments: