Monday, September 19, 2005

Autumn in North Idaho

I have run out of items to be pissed off about, unless it would be Clinton, breaking away from the bi-partisan effort of the Clinton/Bush fund raising effort.

Instead, I would like to point out the beginning of Autumn. Alas, I don't have the skills of Phil or others, and haven't the slightest idea of how to take electronic pictures, and then in some mysterious way, actually put them on the screen. You see, I am old.

I learned to type before electric typewriters, which, I might add, are already out of style. I am a prisoner of a technology that I haven't a clue about.

It seems only yesterday, that I learned where the on/off button was on my computer. Now, I'm expected to know how to not only check my e-mail, but also, actually go on to the internet, to find out about things I didn't previously know about.

The thought occurs to me, at this time, that maybe, just maybe, this stuff is totally unnecessary.

Have I lived this long, just to discover that information is obsolete, and only impressions are of value?

But enough of that...My tomatoes are doing what they usually do at this time of year...Turn bright green, just before the first frost.

The town drunks are tuning up for the winter, and I don't have a clue as to what I will do, other, than I won't do the rocking chair bit.

On the other hand, the leaves are starting to turn, the harsh 95 degree weather of a few weeks ago are gone, it was a wonderful day today, and will probably be again tomorrow, as Indian Summer slides in. I think it's time to go fishing!!!

2 comments:

stebbijo said...

Old has nothing to do with it Herb! Nothing! You are ahead of the game and you have all winter to learn the stuff -- believe me, this computer technology will set you free!

Idaho Dad said...

Half the time I don't know what I'm doing. What's frightening is that my computer knowledge is about 1/10th that of someone twenty years younger than me.

You're right, though... This stuff is completely unnecessary, but as long as it's fun I'll keep at it. I'm just glad I don't have a job in this industry... Those guys have to re-learn everything just about every month.