Thursday, September 15, 2005

Bigotry

I am going to step into the politically incorrect abyss and talk about not just bigotry as seen from people of European descent toward minorities, but all kinds of bigotry and discrimination.

In my last blog, I talked about the blame game, and how both publicly elected officials, and the usual show biz radicals immediately pointed to the White community to scream about discrimination.

We as a society have become accustomed to being called names by the radicals of color, and have even accepted it as their right to do so. If given a mirror image of this principle, it would be considered horrible, unacceptable right wing behavior.

Bullshit! If one accepts, as I do, that we are all equal, then it flows both ways, Baby! Those of us that disagree with the double standard are usually branded as racist, right wing Bigots. Well, Bigotry comes in all sizes, shapes and colors.

To step aside for a moment, have you heard things like, "How long you lived here, huh? Or, you from where? I'm talking about regional bias. We have all kinds of differences. Regional, Race, Country of origin, What School you attended, and on and on and on.

I've had it, and hereafter, will only deal with people just like me, or lacking anyone in that category, people that think just like me. After all, everyone else is (pick your category) and not acceptable.

1 comment:

stebbijo said...

You gotta it Bayviews! First thing I ask anyone is, "Are you from here, or how long have you lived here?"

Immediately, I am in the know! When I have lived somewhere else, I didn't care because, I didn't know.

You know, what I mean --