Monday, May 12, 2008

Stimulus Check

We have been told that we are about to receive some largess from our father who art in Washington, D.C. Just last week, we were told that a check was in the mail. I was totally enthused, until I remembered how many times in my youth, I uttered those very same words.

Came the internet. The IRS in their absolute loyalty to us, the guys & gals that actually finance their follies, have been given a web site, where we can determine at what stage our tax dollars are being doled back to us. I became awed at their concern for us. Even after figuring out that they had already torked us down for the money, now, rather than admit they didn't need the money after all, they are going to give us a gift.

If you guessed that I haven't received my check yet, you win the prize. Hark! Comes yonder blessings from above. We now have an internet address that will confirm where our previous donation is, in the path back to our pockets. This address is: sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof/jrserviet?app=iractc.

Now this looks like a rather basic exercise, doesn't it? Whoa, except for one thing. When you call them at the above mentioned address, the line is busy. This attempt, not because I was so broke I needed it right now, but because I did this for you. I have come to realize, that the whole gesture was for nought. You see, by the time you finally can log on to this site, you will have already got the check.

In any event, these are the target dates for rebates:

If the last two digits in your Social Security number fall within the following ranges, you can expect your rebate check by the following dates:

00-09 May 16
10-18 May 23
19-25 May 30
26-38 June 6
39-51 June 13
52-63 June 20
64-75 June 27
76-87 July 4
88-99 July 11

No comments: