Sunday, December 11, 2011

A White Christmas?

According to Accuweather on line, the week of December 18 through 25th will see snow daily except the 24th with the bulk coming December 21 through 23.

Long range forecast are iffy at best, but hey, with seven out of eight days predicted, it looks positive for this year.

Bayviews' 5th Annual Christmas Parade Saturday December 17th. It will be leaving Phil Stephan's house (corner of 3rd and Fir) around 6:30 pm. Phil will be starting the bonfire around 2 pm so come on up, decorate you vehicle and get ready for our little town parade. BYOB.

Ralph's Cafe just called to tell me that you don't need to go clear down to Higgins Point or Wolf Lodge Bay on Lake Coeur d'Alene to view eagles. There are an estimated 200 Bald Eagles present in and around Bayview, scooping up spawned out kokanee. Stop by Ralph's for maps, viewing tips and directions. The trees surrounding the navy base are decorated in white heads as the eagles roost in nearby trees.One north said resident claims his roof is white from the eagle poop.

There seems to be a heckler present in town that likes to make negative comments about others while not divulging their identity. Please be advised that I screen all comments before posting them. If you are one of those people that doesn't have a life and wants to be a pest, please understand that I will not be used in that manner. The delete button is real handy. This blog is for those that wish to stay up with activities in Bayview and the content is mine. I also sign my name to all of my posts. If you wish to slam someone you don't like, take out an ad in the paper. I will not be used for these activities. I do not attack others in this blog and will not allow anyone else to do so.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ho Ho Merry Christmas .... Atta boy Herb.

Sonni

Joni said...

Hi Herb
I was Hoping to use your Blog to Wish everyone in Bayview a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Since I think most everyone in town reads your post, and
I don't know how to get a hold of so many of you So if you will May I say Merry Christmas and Happy New I miss so many of you and think of Bayview often!
Thanks

Joni

ex-employee of the Button Hook
Peace:)

Ric said...

Herb, it would be great if you could take a picture of those eagles, safely of course. If you could tell Joni Ric and Joan fron Ca. said Hi, Merry Christmas and we miss her too. Lastly Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all our friends there in Bayview.
Thanks Ric

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Herb and to the rest in Bayview and surrounding areas.

I want to get a picture of the eagles. I did manage to see them while they were diving for fish in front of Harborview and of course I left my camera at home.

Sorry to hear you too have the same pesky poster.

Norma Jean

ric said...

That pic of the eagles is soooo cool Herb thank you very much.

Ric

Anonymous said...

Guess the trouble maker must be avoiding your blog lately ....Ho Ho Ho

Santa Claus glasses

Anonymous said...

What is the deal about feeding the poor at the Community Center. It looks like just about everybody that showed up could have afforded a meal at the local restaurant except for the VP. Is this a joke or the 1% taking advantage of the 99% under the disguise of a handout for the poor. It is sickening.

Bill

Bay Views said...

The organizers of this meal made it plain that everyone was welcome. I'm betting you were there and didn't take advantage of their offer to contribute.

Anonymous said...

Why critise the function? Why critise the VP?

I applaud the folks responsible, they are trying to bring the community together. This season is not about negativity and it is about the spirit of giving.

Way to go Jackie and Tom.
God bless!

Norma Jean

Anonymous said...

Are we taking advantage of the IRS code for tax deduction to feed the needy and poor but use it to bring the community together for the not so poor or rather rich?? Is this what giving is all about? Something is wrong with these bunch. Herb, lets be open - please don't filter me out. Lets have a open and honest discussion about helping the poor and needy i.e. Ivan and Sandy. I love to donate and give but not to these clowns who are abusing the system.

Bill

ric said...

Bill,
Why don't you donate to Ivan and Sandy personely.Go to the store and buy them some groceries. Super 1, Safeway, and Albersons all have fully cooked dinners you could purchase and donate to someone.You seem like a kind hearted person looking to help in this time of the season, go ahead and do mso just bypass the middle man.

Ric

Bay Views said...

I think your premiss is faulty, but I published because you didn't name names. Bill is a very common name, however. If this is Bill Sommers, please verify. I'm not a really big fan of putting people down or even worse, doing it under someone else's name. Since it appears you are the same person that has attempted to insult and or degrade others in the community I'm going to ask you to call me with proper identification. If you don't do that, I will not publish your attacks. I still won't if you get personal. If you want to criticize an issue or program, fine. If it's just using my blog as a weapon, forget it. Even I, who owns this blog doesn't do that, I think you need to find an attack blog. The internet is full them.

You can rant against everything and if nothing else, at least you will have vented. This will be my last communication on this blog on this, you as an issue.Send me an e-mail if you wish to communicate beyond these borders.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Herb!

Norma Jean

Anonymous said...

Thank You Herb for publishing my comments - sometimes we need a check and balance. Just because some people don't like my contribution, I think it is only fair to say we need to be cognizant of what is right and wrong. After all we are the elders in a small town that sets example for the younger generation.

Bill

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting Herb:) Merry Chritmas to you and everyone in Bayview Happy New Year

Thank you

Joni

Horton said...

is this Who Ville ??