Saturday, April 23, 2016

No, this isn't a picture of Appalachia during the Great Depression. It is the Evans family, pioneers in Bayview, way back. I'm posting this because I'm sick and tired of politics and decided to change the subject.

A few years ago, I wrote a four part history of Bayview and surrounding areas, assisted by our very own historian, Linda Hackbarth. Although I didn't use this picture in the series I probably should have.

I had a lot of fun researching the history and gained immeasurably knowledge of our area that I otherwise wouldn't have learned.

That history is available in the Spokesman-Review archives under my name, Herb Huseland. Maybe some day I'll drag it out from my hard drive and publish it on this blog.

My next post will probably be about contested nominations which as a kid I watched on black and white TV during the 1950's when they were a regular occurrence.

No comments: