Thursday, December 07, 2017

Irony

It is common knowledge that one of the most dangerous places to become injured if you are a senior, is falling while in the shower.

Ever the exception to the rule, I managed to fall into the shower. You ask, how could that happen. Only a person that marches to a different drummer can do this. This feat of gymnastics occurred last Sunday evening.

I have a "just in case" bath seat for if I lose my balance while showering. This narrows the usable space in the tub to about three feet X three feet. In facing my sink, I managed to stumble backward and when my legs contacted the tub, flipped over backward. I ended up scrunched up with my feet way up above me.

After several minutes of struggling it was obvious I had no leverage. Finally I tossed the tub seat out of the dry tub and was able then to crawl out. Don't try this at home. Aside from a very sore tail bone, I ended up just fine. I will have to remember though, my bath tub is out to get me.

No comments: