Saturday, December 09, 2017

Losing Caregiver

Although my caregiver recently moved to a new home in Priest River, it came as a shock yesterday when she gave me her two weeks notice. Intellectually, it was expected. emotionally, I was stunned.

Not having contacted by Rescare, I'm feeling a bit abandoned. I didn't realize how dependent I have become on this vital service. I currently receive 16 hours monthly from the VA and 4 additional hours from the Area Agency on Aging.

If you or someone you know is an accredited home care person that has room for 20 hours per month, I'd like to hear from you. Until the new cell tower is operational sometime next spring, I cannot receive  phone calls at home. I can, however, return messages from either Facebook or this blog.

Herb Huseland
Bayview, Idaho





No comments: