Thursday, May 02, 2013

Cancer Strikes My Family

I wasn't too worried back a few years ago when I had Prostate Cancer, 'cause the VA fixed it with very little in the way of side effects.
That was then, this is now.

My daughter has developed female type cancer, stage three and is undergoing both radiation and Chemotherapy which she will receive for three more weeks. She runs a small coffee house in Capitola, California, which is a beautiful little beach town.

Unfortunately, along with the lack of business she lost her roommate, which in Capitola, is a tremendously expense place to live. We are hoping for the best, but having cancer treatments and homeless it ain't  a good scene.

Please sent prayers. If I skip a few days posting new stuff, please understand and come back when I am able to concentrate on local happenings.

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

I am so sorry! And of course, I will have you and your daughter in my prayers. May God bless you both and comfort you - and heal your daughter totally! All things are possible with God.

Bay Views said...

Thank you, Jeanie, the God you brought along for help.

Matthew Root said...

I wish her and your family the best. This is a hard diagnosis. My wife, Sarah, died last year from uterine leiomyosarcoma. I know how hard it is when these diagnoses come in. May peace be with you and your family.
Matthew Root

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention the type of cancer and it's none of my business, but I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer, underwent aggressive treatment and am still here today. I will keep your daughter and your family in my prayers. Miracles DO happen.
Chatterbox

Bay Views said...

I don't guess it does any harm mentioning the type, though I do not know the specific variety. The original diagnosis was stage 1 cervical. When they did a minimal incision to check how far it had gone they revised it, removed the ovaries and tubes and left the uterus apparently to treat from the inside out vs from the exterior. Apparently the nearby lymph glands were infected which raised it to a stage 3. They are now using both chemo and radiation.

Three days after the procedure she walked 8 miles.