Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving

Some of us, myself included are going to have a free dinner Thursday at the "Flippin Frog'" the former Bay Cafe. Dinner with all of the fixin's will be served between 1:00 and 5:00 pm.

I am contributing my infamous dressing, since the birds will be fried and unstuffed.

As we approach the holidays look for some interesting things about to happen in the next week or so regarding the availability of Diamond Cup 2014 tickets locally for stocking stuffers.

I renewed my car license last week and picked up my state park sticker which you can buy along with a car license for just $10 bucks. Don't forget to ask for the sticker. It's a great buy and is vital to the financial health of the park system.

I am busy soliciting sponsorships for the Diamond Cup next fall. For a small or even large business, the donation is a tax write-off as well as great publicity. The souvenir programs last for years opposed to newspaper ads that expire with the next day's news. People keep them for years. I recently rceived the one from the Seafare race in Seattle for the year I graduated from Renton High School. It was kept for all these years since 1956.

Advertising and/or sponsoring the race will get you an ad in the program that will last like an encyclopedia. A gift as they say, that keeps on giving.

An office relocation for the race is  at 1105 Sherman has just been established and we should have phones and wifi hooked up in the next few days.

Have a great Thanksgiving, I'll see you next week.

No comments: