Sunday, October 31, 2010

Please Vote Tuesday


Most mid-term elections have abysmal turnouts of registered voters. There are many important issues, as well as political offices up for grabs, not to mention two up for grabs write-in contests.

Two such contests, pit Jai Nelson, Republican Primary winner against incumbent, Rick Currie. Currie lost in a three way election, with the split vote. This is a classic glass half-full or half-empty scenario. Nelson claims Currie had over 60% of the voters against him, while clamimg victory with less than 40% herself. The third losing candidate, threw his support behind Currie, as a write-in.

The other contest pits Phil Hart, Republican/Libertarian/Constitution Party incumbent against Howard Griffths, who threw his hat into the ring when several integrity issues surfaced during the Summer past. I cannot remember an election season with any more drama than this one, also a write-in canidacy.

For the first time in 15 years, Kootenai County clerk, Dan English has opposition. The lone elected Democrat on the county payroll, Dan's selfless dedication to his position was unchallenged until a sore loser in a city of Coeur d'Alene council election spurred fringe operatives from the extreme right to place the blame for their guy's defeat on the election department. An allegation that was discounted by the courts.

Wherever you are on these and other issues, let's have a great turnout to celebrate our unique system of overthrowing governments. By voting.

2 comments:

Jeffrey Wherley said...

Currie I would not vote for. After voting for him in the primary, and now he has shown himself to be a sore loser and I could not have someone of that low of integrity represent me in office.

That being said, I will be voting for someone of almost as low of integrity, and that is Mr Hart. I have chosen him because for all the people I have asked and time I have tried to track down Mr Grithin, I have been unable to find out much more than he things just by continually have his people repeat contorted views of the facts (which where damaging enough)He could win this race. I have not a clue if Grithin would go to boise and vote for more taxes, or vote to allow illegal driver licensees and voting rights, or any other issues.

Sorry Mr Grithin, you may be the best man for the job, or not. But I can't through out someone I know is harmless (because in rarely vote yes on anything)for someone that I have not a clue how he might vote and seems to avoid giving any view except; I am not Mr Hart.

I closing yes, I think Mr Currie is showing less integrity than a man that has delayed the paying of taxes to fight the IRS.
It will come a time for him to either pay those taxes or he will break a law, But uptil now, Mr Hart has broken no laws, and I tire of Mr Grithins camp touting those lies while giving no information.

I personally think Mr' Hart is being foolish on his tax fight, but He holds to his convictions.

Anonymous said...

Hey I am so excited I found your blog page, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Digg for something else, Anyhow I
am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot
for a incredible post and a all round enjoyable blog
(I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute but I have saved it and
also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up
the superb jo.
Regards - www.echangemanagement.com