Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Deafening Quiet

It is two days after the storm. Labor Day weekend is over and peace has descended. One could say that Summer is officially over, but with temperatures climbing into the high 80's and low 90's it is hard to believe that.

As I look out over Scenic Bay, nothing is stirring. The loudest noise is the sound of fish swimming by. Not a single boat is within sight. The streets are empty of cars, pedestrians and such. The Summer people are gone and we have our town back.

The Buttonhook is closed for the season and others may follow. The only sure thing in Bayview is that Ralph's will be open, still requiring tourists to stop in when they reach town. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Herb,

I step out of my house last evening and heard ... nothing. Yep summer is over I said to myself!

Nj

Dennis said...

I love your view! Enjoy these few months before it starts getting cold.