Monday, March 03, 2014

SPRING IS HERE

As I looked out my back door this afternoon, more snow was falling on top of the already 10 inches from before. I looked out over the berm created by our erstwhile road guy. You see, in parking my car across the road, I never thought that a gigantic berm would stand between me and my car. The back door opens kinda, and as I look longingly toward my car, I realize that it can move without a problem. The issue is that I can't get out of my house to get there.

So I trekked out the front to get my morning Spokesman-Review. I had to plow my way through the front yard to the paper box only to find that he had left a Coeur d'Alene Press instead. No problem, since the S/R on Mondays is even skinnier than the rest of the week.

I went back inside and decided to take action. Control. Activity. So I poured another cup of coffee and settled down to read the paper, such as it was. Then as my routine requires, I sat down at my computer. I couldn't get online, so I called Time-Warner. Most of you are aware that even with hearing aids, my ability to hear clearly is limited. Especially with accents. People who speak English without the benefit of an American accent are just mouthing gibberish. I lamented to the tech that I couldn't understand why the company had to use Indian on-line help. He informed me that He was Filipino. OK, now that I have his accent placed, I still can't understand him. He was mouthing syllables with no meanings.

Finally it turns out that in either Microsoft updates or McAfee updates, someone had jiggered my IP. I essentially in the eyes of the world wide net didn't exist. Finally, after much chagrin, I understood that I had to reboot by turning off the computer. All is well now. I have reclaimed my identity and am in good standing on the net, which is a real good thing, because I sure as hell am not going anywhere until some of this shit turns to water again which of course means flooding.

Oh happy day. Spring time at last.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the words of the immortal, Roy, of IT Crowd fame (British Comedy on Netflix), "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

-Pat