Monday, January 30, 2006

My Anniversary

Today marks the last day of my first year blogging. Since January 31, 2005 I have posted 105 times.

Sometimes I have been opinionated, sometimes playful and always lurking in the background is that sense of "Hey, lets not take ourselves too seriously".

I have made, I think some new friends through the blog, and correspond regularly with columnists from various newspapers around the country. You would be surprised at the number that take the time to respond back.

Starting into the second year, I ponder what I am going to do when I grow up. The answer to that of course is that I probably won't.

Early this year, we spoke about my discovery of Prostate Cancer, and about the treatment options I had. I chose Brachytherapy, which is the implantation of small radioactive pellets into the prostate. That happened in October. My PSA went from 6.0 to 2.2 and is still falling. I anticipate no serious problems and see a full recovery in sight.

My newest business venture is off to a slow start. It seems that doing nothing is more comfortable than working. That will come to a halt when I finally get in gear.

Some of us bloggers have tossed around the idea of a get together. I propose that since I'm about half-way between Coeur d'Alene, and Sandpoint, Idaho. That we do that here in Bayview. I would like to hear from those of you that are interested in getting together face to face for a visit. I'm sure that Dave Oliveria and others will attend. Give me feedback on this and I will go forward with the project.

5 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

Happy anniversary Herb! And yes, a get together would be great. Isn't Word Tosser working on one??

Word Tosser said...

Congratulations!!! Herb on your year of blogging...
Nope,Wordtosser isn't working on one. Herb and I have kicked around the idea... But both of us have been busy with winter stuff and etc. So haven't gotten anything going.
Have to see how many want to come, where they are coming from to see what area is best.

JBelle said...

I have a date in Sandpoint for a bowl of navy bean soup at Connie's--we might seriously consider inviting you because we hear you are an up and coming businessman with ambition. Seriously, Herb. I'm in. Just let me know where and when. And congratulations! I'm delighted to hear about your PSA.

stebbijo said...

I am free on weekends. My P.M shift cuts/limits my day. We could meet at the Captain's Table/Wheel in Bayview. DFO could buy?

stebbijo said...

Oh and Happy anniversary too -- let's celebrate!