Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Bells

I would like to clarify some issues. Many rumors were being passed around, at the speed of light, as happens in small towns. One such rumor which was repeated to me, concerned a fine family. I'm talking about the Bells. The rumor suggested that Chuck Bell was ill. Well it turns out that he is in fine fettle and will appear along side his bride of many years, Norma, at the Captain's Wheel, Saturday night with the whole family. Chuck and Norma, always favorites, have been missed these many months.It is hoped that the right word is spread around this time. I sent two or three e-mails to people that I felt were close to the situation, and was wrong in doing so.

I hope all of you will join me at the Athol Daze Parade Saturday, at 10:00 am. God, I wish I cudda got that camel for the parade. We are going to have a great time with the parade, a fund raising auction, kids games, (how old can we still be considered kids?) There will be music in the park following all of these other activities. Following the music in the park, we understand that the Legion has opened their facilities for those old timers that go WAY back in Athol history. They will partake in a monster jam following the activities in the park. George Bruner will officiate at the jam, which is only proper, since he is getting kind of long in the tooth hisself.

No comments: