Saturday, August 11, 2007

Busy Saturday, Indeed


I hardly know where to start. I guess at the beginning. I popped into Athol for my appointment as Master of Ceremonies at the Athol Daze Parade. That accomplished, I saunter over to the Athol Park, where all kinds of fun stuff was going on. I circulated with a donation can, which was intended along with many other fund raising venues, until people were hissing at me. I took a time out to drive down to the home of a lonely Bactrian Camel, pastured in south Athol. This time, I managed to catch the property owner at home.

As I interviewed the lady, who was a camel trainer, I asked her if I could take a picture of her on the camel. She said no, but how about me? OK, I did it. Catch the entire story in my column that is published Thursdays. Oh, and did I tell you I chased down another fire?

2 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

This is even better than your banjo pic!

An instant classic.

Anonymous said...

Look, that camel has two Athols!