Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summertime


There is a song, actually one of my favorites, that goes something like this: "Summer time, when the livin' is easy ..."

Here in Bayview, with as close as you can get to a perfect summer, we had a visitor. 5 1/5 year old Destiny Eisenhart was visiting my neighbor when I took the above shot. There were many others around town that were kicking back.Marie Streater, manager of The Captain's Wheel Restaurant looked practically unconscious after a tough Saturday Night behind the bar. That lasted as always with Mom's, until one of her super active sons messed up at which time she cracked the whip. I believe it is true that Moms have eyes in the back of their heads, or prescience, or something that's supernatural. Anyway, enjoy the picture above of Destiny, meeting her summertime destiny.

On another note, we perused the Coeur d'Alene Press and found an article by Rick Thomas about the Antique fair being held at Garwood.

"Mennonite Women are among the refreshments and nourishment available."

I always thought that Mennonites were a bit more conservative than that. (quote from Rick Thomas's article about the antique fair) Good thing I have excellent editors to catch bad sentence structure like that ... At least I think it was bad structure, but then again, I don't know the Mennonites in question.

No comments: