Sunday, February 01, 2009

Qualifications

Someone brought up the other day, a problem I had hoped to avoid. He/She said," How can you cover the love beat when you've been divorced for 20 years. This insensitive person went on to point out that not only have I been single for a bunch of years, but that no social activity including women has been observed.

Well yes, this is all true. But if I may say something in my defense? OK they said. First, most of the real good ones are gone. Not only gone, but like many or most of them, they know they have a good thing. That leaves me with one: losers. Two, winners that don't want a second go-around, and three they don't live in Bayview. Oh, and three, I can't do it anymore. I can't be wrong when I'm right and all of those other stupid compromises we men have to make to keep peace. I continue to believe that I am equal to women, no matter what they think, and until I find one that admits that, forget it.

All in all, I consider myself a great romantic and shall surge forward with this project with all of the delicacy of the proverbial bull in the china shop manner. But back to my original premise. I know a good love story, because I have lived many of them. All had their good points and their bad, but for the most part, none of us had maturity. Well, having burned all of those bridges, I still love parts of all of them. Er, parts of their wonderful personalities.

I ended the discussion, however, by standing tall, and explaining, "journalists do not have to know anything about the subject they write about, and have proved that many times in the past." I rest my case.

Addendum: I just realized that I missed my anniversary.which was January 27, 2005. In that period of time I show a total of visits at 45,006 and page views of 75108. I am pleased that many of you enjoy reading my stuff.

No comments: