Thursday, April 16, 2009

Susan Boyle

I was browsing through the news the other day, when I caught a whiff of this show in Great Brittan modeled after American Idol. I ran the You Tube tape and was blown over. Many have called Susan fat, some ugly, but what I saw was an ordinary person with extraordinary talent. At age 47, she claims to have never been kissed. She comes near me, that's going to change.

First, the lady is not fat. Secondly, she's not ugly. She is just plain, as most of us are. We all admire beauty, and those of us that can't claim it, envy those that can. For me, it's talent. Hell, I sing karaoke at age 71 and have fans, but I'm not pretty.

I do think in the case of Susan, that first I would like to publicly propose marriage. Listening to her sing around the house would pep up anyone's life. I think the contrast with her down to earth plain old having fun thing, not a bit of nervousness, it was that contrast with the beauty that was shown as she began the song. The hair stood up on the back of my neck and I found myself having to wipe my eyes when it was over.

It was all of us identifying with her as just a regular person and then having her bloom as a flower, right before us, as she was just being herself. Not a practiced star, just kind of like Popeye. The Scottish version of, " I yam what I yam.

It was fabulous entertainment, and contrasted with her unassuming attitude, just remarkable. I managed to find her singing
"Cry Me a River" as well. This lady is no longer unemployed and if my proposal reaches her, she will no longer be un-kissed. For those of you that have been living in a cave without any outside wordly news, I give you Susan Boyle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY&feature=channel

No comments: