Friday, April 10, 2015

Summertime



I woke this morning to two things. One the sun was out and I didn't have to wear a coat to fetch my paper. As I gazed out my picture window overlooking Scenic Bay, I witnessed a flock of Swallows flying in for their nesting season.

Yes, just as in San Juan Capistrano, they arrive as a group. I haven't kept track, so I don't know if they arrive on the same day or not. 

Summer people are drifting in to open up a float house or the family yacht. People are hitting their favorite restaurant or bar.  Actually, most of us stay here because we cannot afford to go south for the winter.

Still, where in this country of ours can you afford to live at or near a lake, with fishing now much better than the last few years.

So welcome back to the Summer people and come on down for the visitors.

No comments: