Sunday, December 13, 2015

4G LTE

Television airways are being dominated by two types of commerials. One, Direct TV and the other, Internet Providers. (I think) Today, we are going to deal with 4G LTE, whatever that is. You see, none of the advertising explains that. Either they assume that we are all computer programers, or ... Maybe, just maybe, there is no such thing as 4G LTE.

You know, a secret code like gasoline additives that make one company's gas burn better than the others. That would be cool if it weren't that it all comes out of the same tank. Anyway, I digress.

While I don't have a clue what 4G LTE is, or whether I need it, even. After 77 years of life, I haven't missed it, whatever it is. I doubt it puts meat and potatoes on the table. My phone works a little different than my dial instrument did years ago insofar as it works somehow through Time-Warner. How is another mystery.

Why is it so prevalent that the only person that actually knows whether one, it exists and two, whether it is needed for anything, is on the Coeur d'Alene City Council?

Yet customers are apparently, or they think so, scrambling over each other trying to get more of it. I suspect that when two cans connected with a string were invented, someone claimed they had a better quality string for sale.

In the Bayview people are neighborly category, I had something happen to me that hadn't for many years. My fuel gauge was dead on empty. Not wanting to make it just half way to Athol, the closest gas station which is 8 miles away, Gary MacDonald jumped in his rig and brought me gas. What a guy.

No comments: