Monday, February 27, 2006

Site Meter and Friends

The one thing that has bothered me since I began this blog" was the question, "If a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is there, does it make a sound?" I have known of site counters, but could never get them to down load to my blog.

Along come fellow bloggers, Mari Meehan and Cis Gors. Between the two more knowledgeable friends I was able to download it. What a wondrous change. Suddenly, I don't have to wonder, "did I write this to myself, or are others sharing it?"

After two days, I have over 60 site visits, and that's a week-end. They come from the Spokane, Post Falls, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho area, but I also have visits from five different areas of California, Utah, Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, New Jersey, plus Kennewick, Wallula, Wenatchee, Washington.

Foreign visitors appear from Zaragosa, Spain, England, and Toronto, Canada.

I am taking the time to acknowledge these folks, as without the feedback of knowing others are reading my stuff, it would just be a diary. Thank you very much, one and all, for your interest.

Bayview Herb

3 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

Reading stats on your web site can be addictive... I even discovered that numerous friends and relatives are reading my blog but not admitting to it. Spying on me, eh???

What's really fun is to look at the search engine phrases that people have used to find your blog.

Bill McCrory said...

Okay, here's the deal, Herb...

Next time the Bayview Bloggers Every Now and Then Social Club gets together for coffee, bring the banjo!

JBelle said...

YES! Bill that's a great idea; well, wait. Now, we will have to sell tickets for sure. There's gonna be alotta people that'll wanna come....