Friday, October 24, 2014

VIRUS ANYONE?

I'm in the middle of an interesting experience. I decided to cancel McAfee and go back to AVG Free. I carefully loaded and activated AVG two days before removing all traces (I think) of McAfee.

All the sudden I couldn't get on line nor pull up files. They just wouldn't open. Then I got several pop ups telling me I had a virus, and coincidentally two phone calls from a non-native person inviting me to have them help me with my computer.

Then a window opened saying that they were Microsoft and asked me to call 888-320-0824 for help. At this point I'm afraid to trust anyone. I'm surprised that I was able to get through to write thid post. If anyone out there has suggestions, opinions, etc please call me a t 208-683-9197. Is it possible that McAfee left a present when they were rejected?

Oh and I ran a complete scan right after I activated AVG.

No comments: